Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer Reading Lists


I'm working on posting our Summer Reading Lists this week. It's a happy chore, although I'm always tempted to just fall back on the old classics -Homer Price was good 20 years ago, and it's still a pretty good read today! But kids want new, or at least we think they do. I always look forward to sending someone off with Half Magic by Edward Eager or even Treasure Island if I can get them enthused enough. This year the Golden Apple staff put in the extra effort to create a solid list - books we have read and would recommend. It is still being pushed and pulled, but follow its progress and feel free to add your own favorite summer read!

1 comment:

Erin Blanton said...

Half Magic is one of my all-time favorite books. It's one of those that you can re-read as an adult and still say, hey, that was good! Unlike some of the junk I read as a kid. :)