Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Do You Feel Safer?


My Congressman writes:

I share your desire to ensure that consumer products, whether produced domestically or abroad, are safe for American families. I have supported several measures to protect the integrity of food, toys and other goods.

Now who wouldn't be for that? This is my fourth letter from Mr. McNerney, and to date he has assured me he is proud of protecting America's children four times! Meanwhile, my customers are spending an extra 10-15% for products that were already safe before congress solved the problem. And say goodbye to the toy companies that produce wonderful toys in Europe, but can't afford to spend the extra money to comply with pointless US testing rules. The issue is complicated, and as stated above, Mr. McNerney and I share a desire to ensure toys are safe. To find out more about the issue, make a visit to the Handmade Toy Alliance. Here's a quote from their site:

If this law had been applied to the food industry, every farmers market in the country would be forced to close while Kraft and Dole prospered.

Stupid laws can be worse than no laws. Write your congressperson and urge them to ammend the CPSIA in a way that is fair to small businesses and small toy companies.

No comments: